My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://showmemama.com
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Colorful Hand Prints


Today, I wanted to do some more crafty activities with the little one and had to put my crafty hat on. Brainstorming on what I can come up with and seeing what I have around the house to be creative. Suddenly a light in my head started to blink! "Show Me Mama" was ready to start her crafty project for today. Do you know of any child that does not like to paint or does not like to have fun? I decided to do some painting around the house but not just regular old painting but hand printing. Lets get those pretty little hands dirty with paint. Here we go!

Supplies we need:

Old pillowcase
Paint bottles
Plate
Paper towel
Apron
Child or children (I have one at the moment, so that will be
good enough) LOL

We did this in the kitchen, since the sink is close by, we can use it to quickly wash up. First, start by placing the pillowcase on the table.

Pour your color on the plate. Have your little one place their hands in all the colorful paint. Let them press on the pillowcase and leave a colorful hand print. As you can see my Sophia just had a blast rubbing all the paint on her hand and pressing it on the pillowcase.
Add more colors to the pillowcase and be creative with all the handprints. Sophia used all the colors that I had on the table.


Repeat the process and leave more hand prints on the pillowcase until it is totally covered. Once it is done, wash those pretty little hands and let the pillowcase dry out on the table or outside. You can frame it or pin it on the wall. Voila! Now, we have a created a personal, beautiful and colorful art work. Love it!

What a great way to show off their beautiful colorful hand prints. This can be hung in the room are anywhere they want. It can be treasured forever and ever. Have fun creating this fun project and can't wait to read all your wonderful comments.

Did you enjoy reading my blog post? Subscribe to keep up with our post!

Enter your email address:


21 thoughtful responses:

Laura Jane said...

What a fun idea! How well do you think it would work with a 9 month old? haha

Thanks for the comment and follow from Simply Follow! I definitely returned the favor!

(from the MBC)

Finding Joy said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog - love the hand print idea.

♥Yaya's Mommy ♥ said...

I am following your back. Thank you soooooo much.
Cindi

Tracy said...

definitely another great March break idea!!! Thanks so much :O)

See you around MBC

Amy's Journey said...

What a great idea! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I am following you now.

Amy at Harvest For Tomorrow

Mrs. Sanchez said...

Just found your blog via MBC and it looks great.

This activity looks like a lot of fun!! I'm sure they could make flowers with their hand prints, etc. Lots of possibilities :)

Now following your blog. Follow back at http://jotgiveaways.blogspot.com

ThinkFeminist said...

Seems like fun. Your daughter is gorgeous

Show Me Mama said...

Thanks everyone for your wonderful comments. We sure had a blast with it :) Check back for more activities!

Coupon Clippin Mommy said...

That looks like fun!

Jack and Alex Manning said...

Gorgeous! So simple and so sweet! And I love that I already have all those supplies. I'm adding it to our list of projects right now.

Peryl
http://blog.seattlepi.com/parentingadabsurdum

Unknown said...

Hi There, I love this idea.

Following you from MBC, when you get a chance, please, follow me back?

Ká.Entre.Nós
http://kaestoueu.blogspot.com/
x

Lara said...

I'm your newest follower from MBC! Stop by some time!

Cute idea!!!

shawn said...

Cute idea!!!
Following from FFF on MBC :)

Tami Winbush said...

This sounds wonderful! I love your site.

Following you from MBC/FFF!

Midnite Skys said...

I used to do that with the little ones mine are grown up now..:(.. But we would paint cardboard and cut out the hand-print and make a magnet, use t-shirt paint and make sweatshirts for the grandparents for Christmas Hey we even did both hand and feet and a t-shirt of these prints that said "I was playing with my grandchildren!! " AND the grandparents wore them all the time, it was their favorite and then asked for t-shirt for the summer time.....

Show Me Mama said...

How fun is that Midnight skys :) I sure like that idea, i have to take that from you and credit you for that :) Thanks for dropping by my blog :)

Night Owl Mama said...

looks like she had a lot of fun with this project

justicecw said...

You are brave!!! Turned out cute though. I am a new follower from MBC. Nice to meet you, Christine from Cute Stuff
http://justicecwscutestuff.blogspot.com

Debbie's L'Bri said...

You are a very creative mama.. I will have to keep an eye on your projects.

http://debbiellbriskincare.blogspot.com
http://www.homesteadblogger.com/protectyourhealth
MBC

Show Me Mama said...

Thanks everyone, for leaving such wonderful comments. I truly appreciate it. Come again and see what else we have in store for you.

testing 1 said...

Handprint art is always so much fun! We've done so many cute projects too, and I can't wait when they are older to show them how small their hands used to be!

Welcome to my merry band of stalkers!

Related Posts with Thumbnails