My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://showmemama.com
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Egg-cellent Decorative Easter Eggs

It is just a great feeling to know that Spring is finally here! I have been waiting for a while to say "Hello" to my favorite season to arrive. What could be a perfect activity more than any other activity to celebrate Spring? How about making your own "Egg-cellent Decorative Easter Eggs". This method of decorating your Easter eggs can be very messy, but extremely exciting and fun! Just be certain to wear an apron and spread quite a bit of newspaper around your work table to catch your little ones scattered paint. Now, let's start decorating our "Egg-cellent Decorative Eggs"
Supplies:

Paint bottles
Paint brushes
Apron or smock
Egg carton
Construction or manila paper
Scissor
Pencil
Glass with water
Newspaper or any other roll of paper (Cover the work table)

Start spreading newspaper or any other roll paper on your work table. Pour all the paint colors you will be using in the egg carton. As you can see, Sophia was so excited to pour the paint in the egg carton, that she forgot to put on her apron.
Get your construction or manila paper and start tracing the shape of an egg. Place several sheets of paper together and cut out some egg shapes, then place it on the table. Give them each a cut out egg shape and let them start decorating their eggs anyway they want.
Sophia was way too eager to start painting and since I am always protective of her clothes, I made sure she had her apron on this time. Wear some play clothes or make sure you have "Oxi-Clean" at hand.
Make as many decorative eggs as you want. Encourage them to use all the colors. Paint stripes, polka dots, wiggly lines, faces or anything you can think of. Be creative. Place the completed decorative eggs in a different area to dry out. Once they are all finished with decorating the eggs and they have all dried, glue them on a large piece of roll paper or stick tape to the back of the eggs and post them all over your walls.
Now, we have created our fun, exciting Egg-cellent Decorative Easter Eggs.
Enjoy this Easter project with your children and let me know how it went. Love to read all your wonderful comments.

Sincerely,

Did you enjoy reading my blog post? Subscribe to keep up with our post!

Enter your email address:



36 thoughtful responses:

Debbie's L'Bri said...

cute idea

http://debbiellbriskincare.blogspot.com
http://www.homesteadblogger.com/protectyourhealth
MBC

Book Lover said...

She did such a beautiful job!

Veronica Lee said...

Following your lovely blog now. But I wonder why my avatar doesn't show as the lastest follower!

Show Me Mama said...

Thanks for your comments. Veronica I see your Avatar as my recent follower :) Hopefully you can refresh your browser and see if it will show up. Thanks for coming by and leaving your sweet comment. Come back and see more fun stuff.

Kristi said...

Great idea!! Thanks for following me at The Brouse House! I am going to get some paint this week to make some!! I think we will do it outside though haha!

Loralee and the gang... said...

What a cute blog you have! Thank you for stopping by and following mine. I will be back!

Kristi said...

Cute project - If I decide that my son can handle this we will probably be making some over Spring Break! I am following you back from Tuesday Tag (awhile ago...)

Joy@TPMG said...

What a great craft! I can't wait until my daughter is a little older to do this!

I'm now following!

Show Me Mama said...

Thanks for the lovely comments. We were actually going to paint outdoors, but it was a rainy day and we decided to do indoors :). Have fun with it and let me know how it went.

Sarah said...

How fun!! This looks like a project we may have to do one of these days!

Thanks so much for the follow!

Katie said...

Following you back from MBC :)

Katie
www.katiebuglj.blogspot.com
www.rainydayboredom.blogspot.com

Brandy said...

Following now, thanks for visiting my blog!

Brandy

Truthful Mommy said...

Love your blog and all the wonderful ideas to do with the children.Following you back form the MBC!!
Debi (Truthful Mommy)
http://motherhoodthetruth.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

thanks for the follow! I am following you back and love that you re-used the egg carton for the paint try! Please let me know how the family likes the bacon-wrapped meatloaf.

Cynthia said...

Very Cute!!

Following from MBC. Come follow me too :)
www.preciouscupcakes.blogspot.com

Lara said...

Super Cute!!! I'm taggin back!!

TamsJewelry said...

Great memories doing this with my girls they are almost teenagers.Enjoy!Tag your it:)

Unknown said...

Tag youre it!
www.mamatinkstinkerings.blogspot.com

Huppie Mama said...

Tag, you're it!

huppiemama.blogspot.com

I love her beautiful easter egg project!!

Show Me Mama said...

Thanks everyone for playing Tag! I truly enjoy it :)Have a Happy Tuesday!

KayeDean said...

What an awesome craft. I am going to do this with my granddaughters this week.
Following you back. ~Sandy~

Amy said...

Tag! Very cute idea!

Following from:
http://missionalmamassoul.blogspot.com/

Jaime said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jaime said...

Super awesome! I can't wait until my boys can paint! Tagging you back!

Anonymous said...

Tag! You're it! I am one of your newest followers.

Lindsay said...

I love this idea : ) I have been thinking about what Easter type of crafts I was going to do with my three yr old and now I think we'll do this!

tehlia said...

She is beautiful & great project

*tag Tuesday*

Tag Your It!!!

www.rawadventuresarmywife.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

HI,
Tag Your it! I love this craft idea for Easter. I think I am going to do it with my girls this weekend. Thanks for the great idea
LizAnn
www.forgirlsanddolls.com

KatieBug said...

I just added your button..in the swap button idea.

I really love your site. So cute and cheerful!

Show Me Mama said...

Thanks for adding my button! Have a great day!

The Working Mama said...

Oh, how I envy really creative moms! I need to do more arts and crafts with my daughter. Thank you for your sincere comment on my blog. I'm following you now from MBC.

Joanna
http://www.workingmama.ca

Anne - Mommy Has to Work said...

what a great idea!

thanks for tagging - tag you back!

Debbie's L'Bri said...

I like the art work. YOu have great ideas.
I know you said that you were interested in some of the L'Bri products. Come on over and check out my March drawing...
I hope that you have a good weekend.

Debbie

hypermom said...

I super like the egg faces! Great idea :)

Melissa said...

thats a really good idea, i love how you seperate the paint colors with ann egg carton, ill definitly have to try it!

Jess (Life with BooBoo and Bug) said...

Love this egg idea! I am always looking for new activities to do with my girls and cannot to try this!

*I am now following you from MBC :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails