My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://showmemama.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Tissue Paper Butterfly

Today, was a perfect day to work on a wonderful craft idea. Sophia was excited to make some crafts, so I decided why not. Now, I have to put my thinking hat on. We are going to make a Tissue Paper Butterfly. This is a fun project where your little ones can use their fingers and create many beautiful projects. Now, let us start on our fun Tissue Paper Butterfly.
Supplies:
Tissue Paper (Any colors you want)
Construction Paper
Scissors
Pencil
Glue
Newspaper/or cloth

Get your construction paper and ask your little one what they want you to draw for them. If they want to draw something on their own, that will be great too. You can also use printables if you want, which might be easier on you, but Sophia wanted me to draw a butterfly, so I did.
Reach for the tissue paper and start cutting them into strips, then you cut them approximately into 2-inch squares.
Next, crumple the colorful tissue papers into balls. Sophia had a great time crumpling the tissue papers and wanted to keep doing that over and over again.
Then, get your butterfly drawing and apply some glue on top of it.
Grab your crumpled up tissue and glue them on the butterfly drawing. Repeat the process until the butterfly or drawing is fully covered.
Voila! Now, you have created beautiful project where your little once will love. Enjoy and I would love to read your wonderful comments!

Sincerely,
Did you enjoy reading my blog post?

Enter your email address:

17 thoughtful responses:

Rachel Elizabeth said...

This turned out really cute!

ParaJunkee said...

That is great, I'm going to have to try that. SHe is beautiful BTW. Awesome idea of the follow up feedburner. I'm now subscribed through email. - Rachel from Anya's Room

Anonymous said...

Too cute! I am going to try this project with my little girl.

Krystal said...

Cool Blog!
I'm now following you!

Check me out @

http://niftythriftysavings.blogspot.com/

Krystal

Retro Girl said...

Really cute!! I remember making something like this when I was a kid - so much fun and fairly easy to do! (not too much mess afterward either!) A++!

Show Me Mama said...

Thanks everyone for your lovely comments. I like this one, because i did it when i was little and still remembered how to do it. I knew my little one would enjoy it and it is not messy, just like Retro Girl said :)

VKT said...

Hi there. I found your blog through Friday Follow. If you would be interested in following my blog, I would gladly return the favor.

Lora said...

This is a great blog! I am now following you and shall return for frequent visits. From My Beautiful Child Griffin & Autism. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Lora:)

Amy @ Marvelous Mommy said...

Very cute! I love your blog! I'm your newest follower! Thanks for stopping by my blog! Find me here too - http://marvelousmommy365.blogspot.com

Journey on! by Kelleye said...

Very Cute! Love your blog! Thanks for following me and leaving your link, it was much easier getting here than trying to go thru follow me icons;))))s

Sarah Coulsey said...

Happy Monday!! Following you back!!! I love the butterfly picture. That is soooo cute. I will try that with my boys!!!

Sarah

sarahsblogoffun.blogspot.com

flmom said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and becoming a follower! This craft is so cute and just the thing that will thrill my youngest while we are waiting (impatiently) for our common buckeye butterfly to emerge from its chrysalis. :)

Sandie lee said...

Great Blog. I'm adding you to our Sites We Love at http://imaginationcafeblog.blogspot.com

Thanks :)

Sandie

Julie said...

Oh! The cuteness combined with the craftiness is almost too much fabulousness in one place!! :)

I'm following you from MBC!!

sweepstakesjeanie@yahoo.com said...

I am following from MBC!

http://www.mommyblessingsinsmallbundles.com/

Jeanette Huston

Katie said...

Tag your it!

mommysankey said...

So cute- Thanks for the great ideas- I love crafting with my 2 1/2 year old daughter and we are always looking for new things to do. Also, thanks for stopping by my blog- I am enjoying yours...

Related Posts with Thumbnails