My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://showmemama.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, June 18, 2010

Decorative Handmade Summer Stars!


So, it is time for me to show you all how to make these wonderful Decorative Handmade Summer Stars.  Since, my little one loves stars and enjoys making crafts, I could not let her wait for another day to start our project. Now lets begin this fun and unique craft activity.
Supplies:
Construction Paper (any color you desire)
Scissors
Glitter (any color you want)
Hole Punch
Yarn or thread
Tape

Please, gather your construction paper together. Reach and pick one sheet of construction paper and fold it diagonal to the end of one corner. Do the same with the other side as well. Cut the section at the top out, where your end up with a nice beautiful square sheet.
The square sheet of construction paper will have two folded lines inside.  Fold the the square sheet in half horizontally and fold again at the opposite side. Now, you will see a total of 4 lines in the center of the square sheet of construction paper.
Get your scissors and cut in half about an inch off the center line of the square sheet. Now, you will take each side that is cut, fold them towards the center of the line.
Once all the sections are folded, reach for your glue and glue each side section. Hold on to the other side section that does not have glue and pull it towards the glue side and hold on tight.
Repeat the process until they are all glued then you will have a four point star. Set a side to dry. You can see that the little one had fun with the star and wanted to put her babies in to play hide and seek.  LOL.
Now that you have seen how to make the first half of the stars, go ahead and continue to fold and make more stars.  Note: to make one complete star, you need 2 (square sheets to fold) so if you decide you want to make 6 stars, you have to fold 12 square sheets. (Yep, we were doing a lot of folding, but that is all fun, especially when your see your little one's happy face.  Mix and match the colors or you can have one full red color star, or have yellow half star with a green half star. Whatever you do have fun with your project.
Now that you folded all your half stars, reach for your glue and glue the center of each half star. Place, them on top of one another and hold tight, not too tight though, you don't want to squash it. Once the two half stars are attached, set aside to dry. If you want some extra sparkle on your stars, place a little glue on your stars and sprinkle some colorful glitter on the stars. Voila, now you have created your beautiful Decorative Summer Stars.
You can place these stars anywhere your little one wants. Sophia wanted her stars in her room, so I ended up hanging them above her doll house, where she can stare at them all day long. Now that the summer is here, you have another wonderful craft project for your little ones. Enjoy!

Sincerely,
Did you enjoy reading my blog post? Subscribe to keep up with our post!
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

26 thoughtful responses:

Unknown said...

OH' THESE ARE SO SO DARLING, FUN, COLORFUL, AND CUTE! Jenn

Rachel said...

Thanks for the follow, I'm following you back! Have a great weekend!

frugalformyfriends.blogspot.com

Ren- Lady Of The Arts said...

love these- I'm going to put them on the list to make with my monkeys!

Little Bishops said...

Those look so fun! Left you something on my blog.

http://love2cook05.blogspot.com/2010/06/more-awards-for-me.html

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by - I'm now a follower of yours as well :)

LaVonne said...

Very cute. I love them. I will have to try these out with my Princess.

LaVonne
www.longwaitforisabella.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

What a great blog. My kids and I are going to love this site! So glad we found each others blogs!

allthingsnew said...

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog again and following! I am following you back now!

I'm going to have to try these when my lady gets older. I really hope she likes making things :)

Blessings,
Stephanie
Ten Talents...

Trisha B said...

Very cute stars! Following you back!

Dana @ The Coupon Challenge said...

Great idea! Thanks for stopping by-following you back!

Mz E said...

love the adorable creative ideas! *smile*

Unknown said...

I love these! What a good idea!

BrendaLea, the Prpldy said...

Thanks for stopping by and following me, i am now following you too!

hobby baker Kelly said...

Oh fun, we are going to do these today!

Daisygirl said...

So fun and creative!

Thanks for the follow I am now following your blog too!

Anonymous said...

Those are so cute & fun! What a great idea!

Mommie Kate said...

What a great craft! I've enjoyed your blog so much that I'm passing on an award for you. Grab it at http://faith4moms.blogspot.com. Enjoy your day!

Hello Jessica Lynn said...

Very creative and colorful...a very neat project!! :0)

Anonymous said...

ooo these are great! We will be making these for 4th of July Decorations!

Mandy @ mintnclandycreate said...

Great idea! Thanks for following me - I'm following you too! I love your blog. Thanks for finding me!

Sew Can Do said...

Such a pretty idea & great that the kids can actually make them:)

Deanna said...

so fun. Love those.
thanks for the follow...right back at ya
xoxoxo

Deanna said...

so fun. Love those.
thanks for the follow...right back at ya
xoxoxo

Jenn said...

Cute craft! We may have to try this one!

LivingChicontheCheap said...

Your blog is fantastic. Thanks for the follow and I now following you as well.

Jessica
www.jessicascoupons.com

Anonymous said...

Love these stars! I'm sure my children would like to give these ago!!! Thanks for visiting my blog, Amanda x

Related Posts with Thumbnails