My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://showmemama.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Festive Mini Felt Purses!

This past weekend, I was busy trying to organize some of my craft supplies and to my surprise, I came across a bag full of felt. So I decided to do another craft idea with the little one. This time around, we will be making "Festive Mini Felt Purses". Yep, since she loves to carry my purse everywhere, why not let her make/design her own fashionable felt purse. Now, let's begin our tutorial.

Supplies you will need:

Felt pieces (a variety of colors)
Felt glue (no sew or regular white glue)
Scissor (Hole punch)
Ribbon
Pom Pom (variety of colors)
Glitter (any color you desire)
Let them pick out their favorite felt color. Sophia decided to go with blue, since it is her favorite color. Place the felt sheet flat down on the table. They will glue both sides of the felt sheet and fold in half length-wise.
Start cutting out various shapes (hearts, diamonds, squares, rectangles, circles and more) from the other felt sheets. Sophia wanted heart shapes, so I started to cut out some heart shapes and other shapes as well. Pour glue on the front of the purse and place the shapes on top and press down and let go. Sophia placed a lot of heart shapes on her purse and decorated it with pom pom. To add a little sparkle to the purse, daddy wrote down her name with glue and let her sprinkle blue glitter on top. Be sure to put a piece of paper underneath to clean up the glitter.
Shake off the remainder of the glitter and set aside to dry off. Cut out two holes on each side of of the purse. Feed the ribbon through the hole and tie a knot. Doesn't that look too cute and glittery!
Of course Sophia wanted to make more felt purses, so we decided to add more to the collection. She wanted to make a pink heart shape purse. Cut out a heart shape out of the felt sheet. Glue both sides and place them on top of each other and press down. Be sure to only glue the sides. Decorate your felt purse with everything you have at hand (pom pom, cut out shapes, glitter, ribbon and more)
Take a peek at a few more of Sophia's felt purse collection!
Make as many felt purses as you want and continue the process. Be creative and make it your own. Let your little ones have fun with this activity and let them decorate their purses as much as they can. Because in the end they will be the one carrying the purse!
Enjoy this wonderful project and let me know how it went. Can't wait to real all your wonderful comments!

Sincerely,

Did you enjoy reading my blog post? Subscribe to keep up with our post!

Enter your email address:




15 thoughtful responses:

natalee said...

LOVE YOUR BLOG!!!!!!!!!! im following NOW!!!

Kati Aileen said...

Thanks for stopping by. And tag your it. I'm your newest follower.

Kirsten said...

What an adorable project!!! :-)

I'm following from MBC;)

A Christian Mommy said...

Wow--you have inspired me to do more crafts with my daughter! Arts and crafts have NEVER been my thing, but my daughter LOVES purses =). Thanks for visiting my blog. I will be following you now, too!

www.achristianmommy.com

Jenn said...

She's so cute!

Following back!
Thanks!
Jennifer
www.lebedafamily.blogspot.com

Cass@TheDiaryofaFrugalFamily said...

This looks like a lot of fun x Thanks for visiting my blog, I've been following yours for a while - you do some really fun things.

See you soon x

Shelley said...

Those are so cute! I wish my girls were still little...they are now 16yo and 10yo...they grow up so fast!

Your daughter looks adorable :)

Show Me Mama said...

Thanks everyone for your sweet comments!. She wanted to add some sparkles :) and she gave one to her friend! Love it and come back for more fun crafts! We'll be doing some cooking soon! so, check back!

Xiomara said...

It's a so sweet project! It's so sweet to see how she was so busy working on her project! Hugs

Retro Girl said...

That looks like such fun! You're so creative!

Following you in return! Thanks for the follow/visits!

Unknown said...

Looks like they had a blast! Thanks for the follow and I'm following you now too. Don't play to mean of pranks on anyone today. LOL

Show Me Mama said...

Krystle, I promise, I won't pull a mean one on anyone :) It will will be all fun (WINK) :)

Jack and Alex Manning said...

Awesome as always. I know even my boys would love these :).

parenting ad absurdum

Kristi said...

I love crafts! Would love for you to guest post on my blog w/ a craft idea, so email me! Following you back.

Vivianne's Vista said...

What a wonderful craft idea! My daughter would enjoy it. Problem is- so would my little son! Thanks for visiting my blog, now following!

Related Posts with Thumbnails